Saturday, August 29, 2009

#3 Ini and itu


Ini and itu are among the simplest words to be used to describe the goods or things in bahasa Indonesia. You will soon notice that ini and itu are very powerful just as the words this and that in English and many other languages.

Ini

Ini kertas.

Apa ini kertas?

Ya, ini kertas.

Bukan, ini bukan kertas.

Apa ini?

Ini plastik.


Itu

Itu mobil.

Apa itu mobilmu?

Ya. Itu mobil saya.

Bukan, itu bukan mobil saya.

Apa itu?

Itu mobil adik saya.


This

This is paper.

is this paper?

yes, it is.

no, it is not.

what is this?

This is plastic.


That


That is a car.

Is that your car?

Yes, that's my car.

no, it is not my car.

What is that?

That is my brother's car.

Audio: here

2 comments:

  1. Yudhie, for some reason, the hyperlinks to your audio files are not working right now. Any ideas why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you're right, Romanos. and thanks for telling this to me. I don't know why, but I guess I need another 'online-storage' which has stable hyperlinks. I will look for this.

    ReplyDelete