Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's get started! #1 First thing first


In this edition, I want to engage you to know some of the most used words and phrases in Bahasa. These words and phrases would be very useful for you to be used as a stepping stone to discover essential things in Bahasa, besides you can use them when you meet people for the first time! I also record this edition into an audio format, so that you will easily learn how they are spoken in a native way. I hope you’ll enjoy it!

Hi/ Hello! Hai/ Halo


Good morning --> Selamat pagi


Good day --> Selamat siang


Good evening/ night!--> Selamat malam


How are you? --> Apa kabar?


Good/ well and you? --> Baik! Kamu?


I am very well. Thanks! --> Saya sangat baik. Terima kasih.


Where do you live? -->Dimana kamu tinggal?


I live in Washington. -->Saya tinggal di Washington.


What are you? --> Kamu kerja apa?


I am a writer. --> Saya (seorang) penulis.


Nice to meet you! --> Senang kenalan dengan kamu.


Nice to meet you too! --> Saya juga!
(in Bahasa: me too)


List of new words:

Thanks = terima kasih
Where = dimana
Live = tinggal
Writer = penulis
You = kamu
Meet = kenalan

Note: For further exercise to write and speak these words and phrases, please listen to the audio here. I will soon post the explanations of these phrases in the next edition :).

1 comment: